Roasting Database v6.10
Thursday April 10, 2014 10:09 PM
Updates For 6.10:
- Rest time was showing before Eject time was valid.
- The current segment time was not displaying properly in the Timing Panel.
- Autoreading is now disabled in addition to turned off after Eject in the Timing Panel.
- The Sessions form list rest time is now refreshed after Eject in the Timing Panel.
- Various ompatibility fixes for Office 2007.
- Added sort by Area or Country to the Origins form.
Updates For 6.01:
- The Timiing Panel display mode did not refresh properly if it was not set to "From session start" when changing sessions with the “<” and “>” buttons.
- Displayed profile segment and times might be off if they were not originally entered in order for a profile.
- The Roast Profile dropdown in the Sessions Form and Timing Panel was not sorted by name
- The Order dropdown and the “reduce from order” controls in the Sessions Form were not getting updated if you used the “<” and “>” buttons to navigate the sessions. This could let you update the wrong order or reduce weight multiple times. If you clicked on a session with the mouse it would update properly.
Updates For 6.0:
- Current Coffee filter option never got enabled for Sessions.
- Under certain conditions session timing would read Session Ended after clicking Start instead of Preheating Roaster, and cursor might jump off detailed reading fields while editing them.
- Duplicate function in Daily Log was broken.
- The Reduce function in Sessions wouldn't work unless you explicitly had saved the weight.
- Minor fix for Office 2003 compatibility.
- Main Menu now refreshes the resting list when it gains focus in addition to on start-up, or by clicking on the form background.
- Now initializing the sort order at form open time – sometimes it would save the last used sort and the label indicator would not match.
- Coffees and Sessions now keep the current record when changing form display mode or sort.
- All Sessions and Timing Panel time fields can now be properly edited.
- Any skipped events in the Timing Panel are now left blank instead of inheriting the current interval.
- Many other less notable bugs.
- Sort orders now alternate between Ascending and Descending when the same column is selected.
- Added sorts to the Orders Form on every column.
- The Timing Panel can now be resized vertically.
- Added Save, Undo and Refresh keyboard shortcuts to the Orders Form and Order Detail.
- The date field in the Orders Form is now editable.
- You can now set and clear a selection range in the Sessions Form by clicking the first record then Shift-clicking to set the selection, or Ctrl-clicking to clear the selection, on the last desired record.
- Added quick filters to the Coffees and Sessions forms.
- Added a Flavor Quality Analysis field to the Coffees Form to place Sweet Maria's FQA graph.
- Several Coffees and Sessions forms usability and configuration improvements.
- Added the roasting Profiles form which creates profiles linked to session readings when a profile is assigned to a session.
- Added the AutoReading function to the Timing Panel which at set intervals automatically creates a reading during the session.
- Improved the reports, especially session reports, and included comparative profile data for readings when sessions have profiles assigned.
- Other less notable nice stuff.
Updates For 5.0:
- Printing a graph report for a session with no profile records now gives a friendly error message and cancels the report.
- Properly labeled the From Start, From Load and From Previous sections of the session reports where it was missing.
- In the Orders Form ixed the current order not being reset to no items after being placed.
- In the Sessions Form duplicating a session now clears the timings and weight reduction so it can be started again.
- Redesigned the Sessions form and added a separate completely new roasting Timing Panel with a more streamlined detailed profile integration.
- The new Timing Panel has a Fahrenheit / Centigrade conversion function.
- Expanded the Sessions Form Usage Info field text size to have no limit, and added a vertical scroll bar.
- Added an Update Coffee Rating function, which updates from the session rating with various options – current, all or selected, available from the Sessions Form.
- Added a Current Coffee option to the Filter Form available with the Sessions Form.
- Made some improvements in the Orders Form’s look & feel, and added warnings when placing or duplicating an order.
- Changed the Time Edit Form to allow subtraction when hours / minutes / secs get to 0 if enough overall time is available.
- Added an Order column to Coffees Form list, configurable to earliest or latest, with sort function.
- Added more sort options to the Coffees Form list: by rating, best roast, last session roast, last session rating.
- Expanded some fields in the Coffees Form, as well as its sub-forms, to take advantage of the extended width.
- Added new reports, Profile List – Narrow & Profile List – Wide, and streamlined the Session Report.
Updates For 4.1:
- The Order label link in the Sessions form now works properly and goes to the coffee entry in the corresponding order.
- When the Coffees form is in Coffee Orders configuration, the Open Order button now works correctly, as in the above Order link.
- In the session lists, he Resting Time now displays correctly when the report displays more than one session per coffee.
- Editing in the Origins form now refreshes the Country of Origin dropdown in the Coffees form.
- In the web site, separated the use instructions into a separate page.
- Added a Help function button to the Main Menu form. NOTE: you need to extract the CRDBHelp.htm file from the ZIP file to your databse folder for this to work.
- Added the usage info field to the Session and Profile Report.
- Streamlined the Coffees form blend controls – there’s only one button now which will open the blend formula for a coffee or add to it if already active, and clearer labeling of controls.
- The Sessions form will now automatically delete all associated detail profile records when a session is deleted.
- The Print dialogs now stay open until you close them, more convenient when printing more than one report.
Updates For 4.0:
- The Order form now sorts by date, descending.
- The date in the Daily Log form can now be edited and has a better display format.
- Fixed some severe filtering glitches in the Coffees and Sessions forms.
- Fixed glitches in duplicating Orders, Coffees and Sessions. Note that it only duplicates the main record, not any associated blend, session or profile entries
- The system checks for, and you are now required to remove, any corresponding belnd formula entries or sessions when deleting a coffee
- Numerous minor fixes.
- Big makeover of the three main forms, of which here are the highlights
- The Orders form now combines the list with the details like the Coffees and Sessions forms. Notice the current order now appears at the bottom. The Current button puts you there.
- Added the roast level and rating of the last roast session for the coffee variety to the Coffees list.
- Added a link to the last session for a coffee in the Coffees form by clicking the GoTo button in the Last Session section in the list, or on the session date field itself.
- Added 3 more Rating Levels, dividing the ratings into three sections with three sublevels each, easier to read and more compact to display.
- Added a Rating attribute to the Coffees, to complement the one in the Sessions.
- Once you start a session in Detailed Profile mode, the form will automatically create the detailed profile entry for the main event buttons even if the detailed profile panel is not currently showing.
- Added links to the applicable coffee and order records in the Sessions form by clicking the Coffee or Order label title.
- Added a Select check column to the Sessions list, and a toggle button to cycle the form to show all sessions, only those selected, or only those unselected.
- Rewrote the filter function to streamline the look and use of the Coffees and Sessions forms. All filter-setting is now done through a common Form FIlter dialog, and the selected filter description is displayed at the top of the form. It can be toggled on and off by clicking on it. The filter dialog retains the previous settings until the database is exited, making it simple to apply the same filter to both Coffees and sessions forms.
- Reports - added various coffee and session lists and reports, including profile charts. The Print button in either form opens a print dialog which provides some print options and a dropdown list to select a report. The report opens in preview mode so you can view it, then using the mouse right-button menu send it to the printer.
- Added sort fields to the Coffees and Sessions forms – indicated by a “ <” in the column label. The label color changes to indicate the current sort.
- Added keyboard shortcuts to the main forms: Ctrl-A to add new records, Ctrl-D to duplicate, Ctrl-P to print, Ctrl-R to refresh the form, Ctrl-S to save, Ctrl-Z to undo.
- Configured all the dropdown lists so that clicking on the text box will activate the dropdown list.
Updates For 3.1a:
- The Blend Formula Form now opens properly under Access 2000.
Updates For 3.1:
- In the Sessions Profile Subform, if detailed profile entry's notes field was blank you couldn't edit the time.
- Under some desktop configurations the Blend Formula Form would open outside the visible space, appearing not to have opened.
- The Time Adjustment dialog box now opens flush with the Sessions Form top, making for easier editing at the outset.
- You can now keep clicking on different time fields while the Time Adjustment dialog box is open to quickly edit multiple times. Note that in the detailed profile records you need to save the edited time before clicking the next record's time to edit or you'll lose the editing. The main Sessions Form's times will actually prompt you if you haven't saved.
- In the Coffees Form , the blend count is now also displayed on the coffee list, not just the coffee header.
- The Blend Formula Form now opens flush right of the Coffees Form for easier browsing at the outset.
- Auto Centered the Blend Formula Form so it appears in the visible window space of normal-sized desktops.
- When clicking a detailed profile entry time in the Sessions Profile Subform that was not the current record, the current record's time would be edited, not the clicked one. Now the different record clicked is selected and it's time edited, but we lost the cute hand pointer.
- Various minor cosmetic & functional fixes
- In the Time Adjustment dialog box, added an Undo button to restore the original time.
- In the Time Adjustment dialog box, added a Clear button to reset a time field. This allows event buttons to be re-activated. Use judiciously.
- You can sort the Sessions List by name or date by clicking the appropriate heading.
- When an event button is clicked to record it's time in the Sessions Form, the record is now saved automatically.
- When refreshing the Coffees and Sessions Forms, the previously active record is now active after the refresh, rather than the first record of the form.
- When switching display configurations in the Coffees and Sessions Forms the currently selected list entry will always scroll to be displayed.
- Added a Blend Formula Form which in combination with controls in the Coffees Form assigns the coffee components to a blend coffee entry, calculates individual component and total weights based on allocation points, and inserts blend component records in a session's detailed profile when created from the blend function (see Basic Workflow's Blending section).
Documentation (Sort Of)
- Added a Blending section to the Basic Workflow.
- Updated the Images page.
- Expanded the Installation / Upgrade section.
Updates For 2.2a:
- In some systems, clicking a time in the Sessions form to edit it would result in a "Macro not found" error message.
Updates For 2.2:
- After filtering by an area in the Coffee form, clicking Show All would not reset the country filter dropdown list to show all countries.
- Clicking Show All in the Coffees form would not reset the use categories check control.
- Buttons in the Origins form were not functioning - they do now.
- All appropriate open dropdown lists (I think, there's a whole slew!) are now updated when coffees, orders, sessions, origins and categories are added.
- When nothing was entered in the year field in the Coffees form, the Orders form Coffee dropdown list would not show that entry.
- When roasting with the detailed profiles, the Eject entry would over-write the 2nd Crack record rather than create a new one.
- Made the Sessions form button legends for Eject and Resting less confusing - these are now labeled Eject / Stop (to match both drum and air roasting modes) and Stop Resting.
- Enhanced the Sessions form filtering capabilities to the same level as the Coffees form.
- Added the roast level to the Sessions form listing.
- A Resting Time detailed profile record will be created now if the Profile Subform is being displayed when the Stop Resting button is clicked.
- Even if the Detailed Profile subform is not showing in the Sessions form, profile records for the main button events will be created if at least one profile record has already been created.
- The time editing functions in the Sessions form has been greatly enhanced. A new pop-up dialog has big buttons for + and - sec, min, hour and day, and increment choices of 1 or 10. A NOW button sets the current date/time (should only be used with main form Start time or diary type profile notes). Also Copy and Paste buttons let you copy values quickly between the main Sessions main form times and the detailed profile records.
- Added a Refresh button to the Sessions form
Updates For 2.1:
- Selecting an order item and pressing the DEL key (default Access delete operation) would delete the Coffees form entry also - OUCH! This would not happen using the Del Item button.
- When adding new Category Types, the type dropdown in the Categories form was not being refreshed until next time the form was opened.
- Cosmetic tweaks.
- Added a Daily Log form to keep track of important stuff, like cleaning and such. Brief instructions were added at the end of the Basic Workflow section.
- The update prompt now comes up if needed for current back end when opening the database, and only appears if necessary while cycling through Main Menu display modes.
- Clicking the heading labels Coffee Notes and Character in the Sessions form’s Coffee Notes panel will open the Coffees form.
- Using the Open Order button in the Coffees form Orders panel now selects the corresponding item in the Orders form.
- The Coffees form list now displays the Last Roast Date instead of the Smoke setting, as a more useful bit in the list.
- The Smoke,
Chaff and Size defaults are now set to Medium.
- The Orders coffee dropdown is now updated when the Coffees form is updated.
Before, if the Orders form was open you couldn't see new coffees
until it was re-opened.
- The Rest button is now enabled after Eject is clicked – before
the button was enabled properly only after returning to that session.
- You no longer
need to enter a year in the coffee record for the Sessions form to work
- In the Orders
form the order text boxes for the current order are now disabled until
since there isn’t any actual record
to save that information until it’s
a real order and your typing efforts were
- Made the roast filter generic, so selecting “Vienna” also
shows “Vienna +” and “Vienna–“
- General usability
enhancements for main forms.
- You can dupe
any order in the Orders form now.
- You can delete
an order now without having to remove each item one by one – what
was I thinking???
- You can now
show / hide the individual item notes in the Orders form.
- If you skip timing events in a Session they get set
to whatever time the next event gets timed at rather
be left blank.
- The elapsed time indicator now reflects the other
time display modes – before
it always showed time from the start.
- Added a Categories
view to the Coffee and Session forms to add / remove the user-defined
categories to a coffee
- Added a
Categories Filter form to filter coffees or roast sessionss by user-defined
with the basic Coffee form
filters for that form. It is accessed through
the Categories button (Coffees) or the Filter
/ unchecking USE will turn
the set category filter on/off in the Coffees form.
Next and Previous record nuttons to the Coffee and Session forms.
bug fix for non-working New Session button in the Coffees form.